Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Crépes like in Strasbourg... In Sydney.

On my visit to Strasbourg, Alsace, France just a few months ago I came across something quite beautiful - classic French crépes. There I got them simply smothered with butter and sugar. It was thin, expertly crafted - quite divine.

It was until my friend took me to what she said was a really good crépe place that I did not believe I could experience the same in Sydney. So we walked up to Randwick from UNSW to a little place called Four Frogs Créperie where we had a really good lunch.

Feeling for something lighter, I ordered a spinach and feta crepe. It looked (and tasted) very, very good. But everything was overshadowed by my friends' two crepes: A mammoth cheese-mushroom-egg-chicken monster and a decedent caramel-ice cream-almond sweet crépe. Now, those two.... were really really good. So yes, the crépes were just like the ones I had in Strasbourg - not too thick and with a slight edge of beautiful crispiness.


Their menu

Definitely the winner crépe. Mushrooms, chicken, cheese and egg savoury crepe.

Do's: Forget your diet. Order the ones that you really want!

Verdict: Magnifique, oui.

No comments:

Post a Comment